Adding Products to Opportunities provides a better and more optimised view of Opportunities. Users can see which Products are directly related to that Opportunity, providing a more precise monetary value to an Opportunity. This assists sales teams to prioritise open Opportunities. Users also have the ability to identify won/lost ratios associated with specific Products.
Note: Products must be activated within the control panel.
Adding Products to an Opportunity
- Create an Opportunity.
- Go to the Opportunity profile page.
- Go to the Add drop-down > select the applicable Product category.
- An Add Product window will populate.
- Begin typing out the Product name to select the Product from a drop-down list.
- Add any other associated Product details. If the account is integrated with DEAR, associated Product details will populate automatically in related fields after selecting the Product. This includes the Product number, Sale price (ex-tax), Tax Rule, Product Tax Rate and Stock Availability fields. These two fields are only available via the DEAR integration.
- The Quantity field defaults to 1 but can be manually updated.
- Select Save to add the Product.
Products added to an Opportunity are shown under the Products tab within the Opportunity profile page.
Find out how to view a list of Products associated to Opportunities here.