Any user with Control Panel access can create groups, you can do this from the User Management screen. You can create groups by assigning a selection of CRM users and assigning a manager to the group.
To create a group:
Go to: Control Panel > Users > Add group in Users and Groups page
The Name field is used to specify the name of the group. By using name fields users can be assigned to departments/ in to projects / Admin groups or any other slimier group.
The specified group Manager will have access to profiles owned and shared by users in the same group as the Manager, regardless of any access level.
- A group can have only one Manager.
- A Manager can also be a Manager for another group at the same time.
- A Manager can be a User in the same group or in a different group at the same time.
- Users in the same group will have no access to a Manager owned Private profile.
- All Private profiles owned by a Manager will not be accessible by any other User unless the Manager is a User in another group.
Example 1 (shareable profiles)
Manager 01 is Manager for Project A and a user in project B, manged by Manager 02.
Example 2 (Private profile)
Manager 01 is the Manager for Project A and a user in project B, managed by Manager 02.
It is recommended to assign users to appropriate groups at the time of creating user accounts.
Only the unassigned users will have permission access to any Shareable or Private profile unless allocating the user to a specific group.
An user can access any:
- Public profile
- A Shareable profile if only the shared profile owner is with in the same group
- Their own Private profiles
A user also can be the manager in the same group.
Group edit option
All groups you create will be available in a list view in the Control Panel -> Users -> Groups
Click to amend the group name. The following options are also available under the Edit function.
- Changing group name
- Replacing the manager
- Adding / removing users
- To delete a group click icon.
- Upon deletion the group will convert to an inactive state.
- Deactivated groups can be re-instated by clicking Icon if necessary