With accessibility permissions a Salpo CRM Champion or Company Manager can define profile accessibility & visibility to other users. This feature will work on a hierarchical platform. However all users will have the option available to set an access level and define ownership of profiles assigned to them.
The feature is layered into two. Users must be added to groups - these groups can represent a department within your company or a specific project with the overriding access to these profiles falling under a specific manager.
The Hierarchy - How Permissions Work
- Manager 01 will have access to own profiles and also to all profiles entered by user 01 & user 02.
- Manager 02 will have access only to their own profiles as well as profiles owned by user 03 & user 04.
Access types & definitions
You will find 3 types of access levels in Salpo CRM. These access levels can be attributed against Contacts / Opportunities / Communications /Custom object that exists in Salpo CRM.
Access level - Public
Definition: Granting permission to access and view profiles to all Salpo CRM users.
When access level is Public a profile page will indicate this unlocked icon.
Access level - Shareable
Definition: Profiles may be shared with other users in the group as well as the designated manager.
When access level is Shareable a profile page will indicate a Icon
Access level - Private
Definition: The profile can be accessed and viewed only by the designated owner-user and the Manager/s assigned to the user.
When access level is Private a profile page will indicate this padlock Icon
Setting access levels on profiles.
Changing an access level when creating a new profile
At the time of adding a new profile select the appropriate access level in Permissions at the foot of the dialogue box.
Changing access levels on an existing profile page
- To change an access levels on a profile, click the icon on the profile page.
- Under Access click Edit and select the required access level.
- The access level can be changed at any time providing the user is the owner (Refer to Owner article below) of the profile or if the user or manager is permitted to access the profile.
- Ownership of a profile can be assigned only between Salpo CRM users.
- Assigning an owner is necessary when changing access levels from Public to Shareable or to Private.
- A user is authorised to access a public profile, assign the profile for themselves or assign it to any other Salpo CRM user.
- When assigning ownership of a private or shared profile to another user (assignee) who may not be in same group as the assigner, please note that this will prohibit the assigner to then access the profile.
To change ownership of a profile
- Go to change Access level drop down icon on the profile page.
- Select Access level from Public to any other.
- Click edit in owner section.
- Select Owner from the user list drop-down.
- Click to confirm ownership