The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European privacy law, commencing May 25th 2018, which places rules, processes, and controls around the privacy and protection of EU residents personal data. GDPR applies regardless of company location, as long as data on EU residents is held the vast majority of companies must adhere to GDPR.
The Salpo GDPR solution and the Compliance Assistance Tool (CAT) add-on are available only on the Silver and Gold plans. By default, Enabling the GDPR solution will create:
- consent tracking against Contacts and custom fields
- GDPR Details Contact custom category with relevant custom fields for all Contacts
- Privacy Statement Custom object (which defaults to be hidden from the menu header bar)
- a Contact Accepts Privacy Statement Connection to link Contacts to Privacy Statements.
Upgrading to the GDPR CAT add-on will:
- enable the Contact consent portal
- integrate with the SendGrid mail service to send customisable emails to Contacts requesting consent
- automate the GDPR solution features
- Contact consent management
- connecting Contacts to the consented Privacy Statement
When connected to Salpo CRM, the integration will allow you to:
- add Privacy Statement Objects
- set consent on each contact detail per Contact
- import GDPR data into the auto-generated custom category and fields
- define how consent was given (email, telephone, in-person), the date & time and additional description details
- define marketing opt-in responses, data source, and if the contract is in a commercial contract
- set GDPR consent settings on custom fields
- filter on all GDPR fields within the Contact list view page
- use the filtered list in an email campaign to request consent in bulk
- track and audit user activity from within the Activity Log.
The GDPR solution features are free to all Silver and Gold licence customers. The GDPR CAT add-on, with automated bulk permission emails and customer portal, costs £1,200 per year.