Creating an Object
- Control panel access is required in order to set up custom objects.
- Access the Control Panel via the cog icon in the top menu bar and select Custom Object Types.
- To add a new Custom Object type click the green Add button in the top right corner of the window.
- Name the Custom Object, add the plural of the name, select an icon to represent the Custom Object and complete any of the necessary subsequent options. These options can be left at default and amended at a later date if necessary.
Information on what each subsequent option represents is detailed below:
- Choose to connect contacts in the CRM to the Custom Object. This allows people and organisations that exist in the CRM to be connected to this Object type.
- Choose to connect Opportunities to the Custom Object. This allows Opportunities to be connected to this Object Type.
- Choose to connect other Objects to this Custom Object.
- Allow Contact Details allows for standard contact details to be stored against the Object. In example, when using Custom Objects as maintenance jobs it would be beneficial to include the address details of the property.
- Allow Files provides the ability to upload files against the Object. This is beneficial to store service contracts, site designs, project specifications.
- The Custom Object’s visibility in the header menu bar can be managed by selecting/de-selecting the Hide link in header? check box.
- Manage or Restrict the Custom Object adding options with the Hide from global Add dropdown? selection box. This will exclude the Object from displaying in the header menu bar and disables access to a list view page for this Object. If the box is un-ticked, the Object will reappear in the main header bar which can be selected to view a list of Objects created under that name type.
- Allow Communications provides the ability to record Communications against that Custom Object profile page. If selected, a Tag Prefix option will appear.
- Create a tag prefix and use it in email subject lines to create a copy against the Custom Object profile page. Additional tag prefix tips. Note: The user’s email account must be connected with the Salpo CRM for this functionality to work.
Click Save to create the Custom Object. The name of the Object will immediately appear in the main header bar.