Quickly import Contact data by applying the same mapping layout used when importing a previous file.
To apply a previously saved mapping against a new file import, navigate to the import window by clicking on the Contacts tab in the top header bar > click on the Add Contact button > under he Import section, click on the Add Contacts option.
This opens the Contact import feature. A few on-screen instructions are available to assist with choosing a file, but to learn more, check out the documentation on importing Contacts.
Few things to remember when uploading a file using a saved mapping layout:
- Before uploading the new file, make sure that the new CSV file contains the exact amount of columns and it consists of the same headers in the same order as the original file. Ex. First Name / Last name / Age / Gender / Address etc. all in the same order on both files.
- Name the Import.
- State the source of how the Contact list was received. Recording the source will help to comply with GDPR regulations and audits.
- Click the Choose File button and select the file from your computer.
- If the first row of your import contains headers - Keep the First row contains headers box checked.
- Define the mapping layout to use by selecting the original file name with the desired mapping from the drop-down list in the Use previous mappings filed. To create a new mapping leave this field blank.
- Click the Add Import button to start the import.
When the data has uploaded, the import will be able to view within the list of Existing Imports.
Click on the icon to check and confirm that the mappings are in order. Click to navigate to the imported list.