Getting to grips with a new system can sometimes seem daunting.
This is why we have created a checklist of the most important things to setup, so you can get on with using Salpo CRM and enjoy the amazing benefits it brings to you and your company.
Step 1 - Setting up new users
Access your control panel (which is the cog icon located in the top bar next to the searchbox).
- Click on the Users option from the Admin section.
- Click the green Add User button.
- A dialogue box will appear allowing you to add the details for the new user.
- Select the Control Panel and Export permissions checkboxes if you wish to give the user access to these functions.
- The new user will then receive an email with their details. They will also be prompted to change their password before they are able to login.
- You can amend and remove users by using the Edit and Delete buttons next to each user profile.
Note: You cannot delete the primary user used to setup Salpo CRM.
Step 2 - Creating custom fields
Collect data that matters to you and your team by creating custom fields.
You can create the following types of custom fields:
- Text - a free text box for up to 255 characters
- Date - utilising a calendar date picker
- Number - for use with whole numbers
- Select field - in the form of a single selection drop down field with a list of options.
- Multi select - in the form of options with tags that allow you to select more than one option.
- Text Block - For free text over 255 characters.
To set up a new custom field:
- Click on the Control Panel icon.
- Select Custom Fields from the Admin Section.
- Click the green Add Field button in the top right of the screen.
- Select the type of field you wish to add.
- Give your field a label. For single and multi select fields you will be required to add options, by clicking the plus button.
- Click Add Field.
- Amend or remove a custom field by using the Edit or Delete button.
Note: You can add custom fields from the contact profile page inside the Custom Data box. Click on the plus icon and select Add Custom Field.
Step 3 - Importing Contacts
Please refer to our import article for help on how to import your contacts.
Step 4 - Setting up your email connector (not available on the Free plan).
The Salpo CRM email connector syncs your emails (stored on your mail server) with the contacts in Salpo CRM, using the email address as the link.
Your email server must be configured to accept IMAP connections, it will not work as expected if you connect your devices (computer, phone, tablet etc) to your mail server using POP3.
If you have been using POP3 you will need to configure the devices/apps you use, to read emails by IMAP.
To set up your email connector, please visit the Connecting your email article in the Tips and Tricks section.
Step 5 - Hand over to your team!
So your custom fields are setup, you have imported your contact data and your emails are connected. Time to get the rest of your team setup and using the system!
1. Ensure all users have received their login details and have your personalized URL link set up as a favourite on their web browser.
2. Help them set up their email connectors and manage their Lost Communications.
3. Direct new users to the Support Centre so they can learn the basic functions of the system.
If you need any help, the Salpo CRM support team is never too far away! Send them a message using the feedback tab in Salpo CRM or via email to support@Salpo.com.
Note: The support offices are open from 9am-5.30pm (GMT) Mon-Fri. The team will respond as quickly as possible to anything outside of these hours in the next working day.
We host regular free webinars, where you ask a member of the support team questions and find out the latest tips and tricks. There's also the Support Centre, full of animated wiki's, communities (forums) and more.
Lastly, we have an exciting range of support services available - large or small - designed for Salpo CRM configuration, implementation or training. Get in touch at support@Salpo.com to find out more.