New Contacts can be added manually, via the import tool or by managing your Lost Communications.
Adding a Contact manually
New Contacts can be added from:
- The Contact list view page - found by clicking on Contacts in the top menu bar
- The Add button in the top header bar
- Within Lost Communications – found by clicking on Communications > Lost Communications in the top menu bar
From the Contact list view page or the menu bar Add button
- Navigate to the appropriate Add Contact button and select the type of Contact (Individual or Organisation) to add. A new dialogue box will open.
- Add any relevant Contact information under the Standard Details tab - multiple emails, telephone numbers, websites and postal addresses can be added against the contact by clicking on the plus icon. Labels can be added next to the contact field for easy identification, such as Home or Office labels used to identify the type of phone number.
Tip: Add social media handles within the website fields for quick access to a Contact's social media page!
- Add any relevant custom field information under the additional tab labels. Each tab label mirrors the name of any custom categories created within the Control Panel that are relevant to the Contact type. Custom fields added within a category will be available for input after clicking on the tab label.
- Click Save. This will direct the user to the new Contact profile page.
Via a Connection when adding a Contact
- Connect new or existing Contacts (Individuals and Organisations) when adding a new Contact.
- At the bottom of the Add contact window, there is an option to Connect another Contact. This option defaults to None, but can be changed to reflect the relevant relationship type. This same feature appears when adding a new Opportunity, Custom Module or Product if the Module is set to allow contact Connections within the Control Panel settings.
- Upon clicking Save, the Add Contact window refreshes to allow for the addition of Connection details. After defining the relationship, there is an option to add the connection against a Contact which already exists within the system or to create a new Contact. After selecting save, the user is directed to the Contact profile page.
Adding Contacts via the Import tool
New Contacts can be added in bulk by using the import tool. For more information, click here.
Adding Contacts via Lost Communications
Lost Communications are emails copied from the mail server which could not be matched with an existing email address in Salpo. Users can access their Lost Communications via the Communications tab in the top menu bar.
On the left side of the screen a list of the Lost Communication email addresses will display. The number beside the email address shows how many emails are being stored from that address. These emails can be viewed by clicking on them.
The email address can be added to an existing Contact or new Contact or ignored forever. Use the Add address to option to add an email address to a new or existing Contact. This will move the stored Lost Communications and any future emails collected from this email address to the associated Contact’s profile page.
Note - each User has their own Lost Communications list which cannot be viewed or managed by any other user of Salpo.
Instead of selecting one email address at a time, multiple addresses can be selected at once to ignore or assign the addresses in bulk. If a Contact has messaged from a personal and work address, then both can be selected and added into a new Contact at once versus inputting Contact data multiple times.