When You First Log in
The first screen you will see when logging into Salpo is the homepage (see below). The homepage greets you with the Quick Setup widget, Activity Log and a list of any Scheduled Communications you have, grouped by 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'Overdue' or 'All' (these will be empty at the start but will begin displaying reminders once you start creating new Scheduled Communications).
Top Menu Bar
The top menu bar has the following features and appears on every page you see in Salpo CRM:
- Home button - Clicking the Salpo logo will take you back to your home page from anywhere around the system.
- Menu Bar - Access your Contacts, Communications or other enabled Modules from here.
- Search box - The search box is a powerful tool in Salpo which can search on modules. Search by names, postal addresses (including postcodes), telephone numbers, email addresses and custom fields.
- Control Panel - The control panel allows you to adjust system settings and customise areas of Salpo. Restore deleted contacts, create custom fields and setup new users. This option is permission based.
- Support - The question mark icon, lets you access the Support Centre or API support.
By clicking on your user name you have the option to do the following:
- Integrations - Manually update new email connections or use other integrations once they've been enabled.
- Change password - Change the password you use to access Salpo.
- Preferences - Update User settings such as Timezone
- API Tokens - For use when using the API to build or connect
- Log out - Ends this session of Salpo.
The default homepage contains three Widgets:
- Getting Started - A quick way to customise Salpo
- Daily scheduled calls log - A list of all your daily and overdue scheduled calls.
- Activity log - depending on the user permissions, this displays a "newsfeed" of either all or just the logged in Users' activity around the system
Pages in Salpo CRM
There are two main styles of pages in Salpo CRM: profile pages and list pages. The two types of pages are different in the type of data they display.
- Profile pages will show specific information and custom data about the Contact (Individual or Organisation), Opportunity or Custom Module. You can update contact details, custom fields, Communications or connect to another record around Salpo
- List pages show you lists of data, e.g. Contacts or Communications. You can filter these lists further using the drop down options above the list.
Note. We have recently released a new Profile view. Please use the THREE DOTS on the record and select 'Try new view'.
The profile page displays the information that has been recorded for a contact or object. Below is a screenshot of a contact page.
- Name - The name of the record
- Tabs - You can drill down into more information using tabs. Different Modules will vary what tabs display but the standard ones are:
- Overview - displays recent activity, contact details and custom data for the record.
- Communications - View the communications made or scheduled with this record
- Contacts - Contacts this record is connected with
- Files - Any files which have been uploaded
Note. Further tabs will display once other Modules have been enabled.
- Add Button - Using the Add button, you can upload new files, link the record with other Modules, generate documents or save a Communication.
- Contact details - Top right of the page lives the records primary details such as email, phone, web address and postal address. Under any postal address is View in Google Maps which opens the address in Google Maps in a new tab.
- Custom data - Record custom information about your record. Down the right column. Fields can be setup from the Control panel (or in this column with the right permissions).
- Logs - Displays every action that Users have had with this contact.
- Additional options - Using the thee dots, you can Merge or Delete the record.
- Upload Files - You can drag most file types directly on to the profile page, which will upload the file to the record and place it in the 'Files' tab.
You can view two lists pages in Salpo CRM - Contacts and Communications. Further list views are available when other Modules such as Opportunities or Custom Modules, are enabled.
- Customise fields (columns) - Use the dropdown top right of the list view, to select which fields you want to see in the view. These will include standard details plus any custom fields you have for the Module.
- Filters - Refine the list by applying filters based on the custom fields, contact details or connections with other modules. Use the 'More' dropdown to select the field you wish to filter by. Filters can be combined together to drill down your list view. Different fields in the filter will have additional ways to apply filters.
- Save filters - When a filter is applied to the list you can save the filter to use for another time. Apply a filter, then under 'Actions' select Save filter. Select if you wish to share with any other users and save. Saved filters will display under the Module link in the header bar (using the green arrow) or on the list view by hovering over the bookmarks tab on the left of the page.
- Bulk Actions - Under the 'Actions' dropdown, perform bulk actions such as Update or Export to CSV. Note. the list must have at least one filter applied before these options are available
- Sort List - Select any column in the list view to sort by that field. Note. Unavailable for Multi-select custom fields.
- Add - Use the Add button, top right, to add a new record for that list view. For Contacts, you can also import Contacts from here.