When You First Log in
The first screen you will see when logging into Salpo CRM is the homepage (see below). The homepage greets you with the activity log and a list of any scheduled communications you have, grouped by today, tomorrow, overdue or All.
Top Menu Bar
The top menu bar has the following features and appears on every page you see in Salpo CRM:
- Home button - Clicking the Salpo CRM logo will take you back to your home page.
- Menu Bar - Access your contacts, communications etc. from here.
- Search box - The search box is a powerful tool in Salpo CRM which can search on contact data. Search by names, postal addresses (including postcodes), telephone numbers, email addresses and custom field data.
- Control Panel - The control panel allows you to adjust system settings and customise areas of Salpo CRM. For example you can restore deleted contacts, create custom fields and setup new users.
- Support - The question mark icon, lets you access the support centre or the API information.
By clicking on your user name you have the option to do the following:
- Email accounts - Add or edit the Salpo CRM email connector.
- Change password - Change the password you use to access Salpo CRM.
- Log out - Ends this session of Salpo CRM.
There are two displays that show on the homepage:
- Daily scheduled calls log - A list of all your daily and overdue scheduled calls.
- Activity log - a "newsfeed" of all activity around the system.
Pages in Salpo CRM
There are two main styles of pages in Salpo CRM: profile pages and list pages. The two types of pages are different in the type of data they display.
- Profile pages will show specific information and custom data about the person, organisation or object you are looking at, e.g. a contact profile page.
- List pages show you lists of data, e.g. contacts, communications. You can filter these lists further using the drop down options above the list.
The profile page displays the information that has been recorded for a contact or object. Below is a screenshot of a contact page.
- Name & Contact Type - Displays the name and contact type. The type can be a person, which represents an individual or a building for an organisation or some other icon for a custom object.
- Tabs - You can drill down into more information using tabs. Depending on what object you are looking at will depend on what tabs are available. For a contact object you can choose from the following:
- Overview - displays recent activity, contact details and custom data for the contact.
- Communications - View the communications made or scheduled with this contact
- Connections - See how this contact is connected to other contacts Salpo CRM.
- Files - Upload files such as word documents against a contact.
- Contact options - You can merge contacts by clicking the spanner icon. Using the Add button, you can upload new files, create new connections or save a communication.
- The Add button
- Contact details - This is where contact details such as email, phone, web address and postal address are displayed. If a contact address has been saved you can view the address in Google maps by clicking View in Google Maps which opens a new tab.
- Custom data - Create new custom fields from the Add button, or edit existing fields by clicking the pencil icon located to the right of the field.
- Logs - Displays every action that Salpo CRM users have had with this contact.
You can view two lists pages in Salpo CRM - Contacts and Communications.
- Contact Type/ Name - Displays a list of contact names ordered by name alphabetically. The icon represents the contact type such as organisation or individual.
- List Filters - Refine the list by applying filters based on the custom fields or contact details. Once you have created a list, you can perform bulk actions such as Export to CSV or Delete.
- Sort List - Select how the list is sorted.