Create networks in Salpo CRM by logging relationships between contacts and other modules. Individuals and Organisations can be connected to each other and other modules within the system. System standard connections are:
- Works for
- Managed by
- Division of
- Parent of
- From within a module profile page, click the green Add drop-down located to the right of the contact name.
- Select the type of connection which accurately reflects the desired relationship.
- A connections dialogue will open. Define the second module name and any additional details related to that connection.
- Click Save.
- Connections are viewed under the Contacts tab within the profile page or within the Connections panel on the Overview tab.
- To edit a connection, click on the Contacts tab and click the pencil icon to the right of the connection.
- To delete a connection, click the bin icon to the right of the connection.
Via a connection when adding a contact
- Connect new or existing contacts (Individuals and Organisations) when adding a new contact.
- At the bottom of the Add contact window, there is an option to Connect another contact. This option defaults to None, but can be changed to reflect the relevant relationship type. This same feature appears when adding a new Opportunity, Custom Object or Product if the module is set to allow contact connections within the control panel settings.
- Upon clicking Save, the Add contact window refreshes to allow for the addition of connection details. After defining the relationship, there is an option to add the connection against a contact which already exists within the system or to create a new contact. After selecting save, the user is directed to the contact profile page.