Custom fields are very useful for storing information that is specific to your business.
You can setup unlimited custom fields which can be saved against a contact profile. You can also create custom fields that can store different types of information e.g. dates, text and numbers.
You can also use these fields to filter contacts.
Custom field categories
Set up custom field categories to group together custom fields. Examples of how you would use these is to:
1. Categorise individual/ organisational custom fields
2. Categorise the custom fields by the departments in your business (i.e. Sales may collect different data from customer service so you can keep their custom fields in one place.
Set up custom field categories by clicking into the Control Panel; click Add and click Category. Add the name of your category and click Save.
Setting up custom fields
- Click on the Control Panel icon.
- Select Custom Fields.
- In the top right of the page, click Add and choose what type of field you want. The type of field will change the behaviour of the filter.
- Give the field a name and if it's a select, or multi-select, add options.
(*** Click here to know an easy way to design your select & Multi-select fields - New improvement)
- Click Save.
Updating a contact
- From the profile page, navigate to the Custom Data box and click the plus symbol.
- Choose the custom field you want to add.
- Update the field with the data.
- Click on Contacts in the top bar.
- Select the More drop down and choose the field you want to filter by.
- The custom field will display. Select it and add/edit the contact within.
- The list will update and display the contacts which meet filter query.
- You can continue to add more filters by selecting More.