The quality of data is paramount in any system that you will later use for reporting. When exporting data from one system to put into Salpo CRM, there may be all manner of special characters or data duplications that exist in your contact data.
Salpo CRM does have capabilities to merge contacts at the import stage, but it is important to clean and remove duplications prior to importing it into Salpo CRM.
You can mitigate the number of duplications by identifying and removing them in Excel prior to import. Salpo CRM uses the name fields of individuals and organisations to merge with (as these fields are the only mandatory fields in Salpo CRM).
Here is step by step guide on how to identify duplications in a .CSV spreadsheet file, you can then select which rows you wish to remove.
1. In your .CSV spreadsheet, highlight the name column (this could be both the first name and second name if you are identifying duplicate individuals).
2. Click on the Conditional Formatting button in the top menu.
3. Select Highlight Cells Rules -> Duplicate Values
4. Select how you would the duplicate data to be displayed - usually by highlighting the cell in red and pink (see below).
5. The duplications in the .CSV have now been highlighted. Using the filter function sort the duplications alphabetically, so the duplicates are grouped together.
6. Choose which duplicate records to remove, then remove the row in the .CSV