Salpo's Products module is designed to bring you a better analytical view of your opportunities in line with the products you provide to customers.
The feature allows you to organise all your product related details and create connections between contacts and opportunities.
Similar to contacts and custom objects, products will have its own list view page and a unique profile page for each product when added.
Products are available in our Silver and Gold plans.
Enable / Disable Products
- The Products feature is disabled by default and can be switched on in the Control Panel.
- When enabled, you will see the Products label appear in the top menu.
To change settings; Go to Control Panel > Product types
- Toggle icon in Product types page to switch on the feature.
Creating product types
Your products will be listed under Product types - which work as categories. If you do not wish to use these categories, just use the My Products facility as it is (recommended).
Examples of product types (categories): An organisation providing various consultancy services will create the product type as "Services" and record "Strategy consultancy, Financial Advisory Consultancy, Management Consultancy" underneath as their service "products".
To create Product types:
- Click Control Panel
- Select Product types
- Click Add in product type page
Name & Plural
You can change the name of a product (this will display around the system).
Select an icon to match your product.
There are then further options which allow you to connect your products with different profile types around the system:
Connect to Contacts? - Create a connection between products and contacts.
Connect to Objects? - Create connections between products and any other custom objects you create.
You can also allow Contact Details, Files and Communications to be linked to your products.
All product types will be listed in Control Panel > Product types page
You can edit details using the editing option.
The product types will be available in Products drop down in system header bar
Customising Product types
Need to add your own fields to your products? You can do so via the Control Panel.
- Select the Product type in Control Panel > Product types page & Click Edit Custom Fields
- By default the Product details fields are standard, you can select and rename the labels using the editing option.
- You can create your own categories and fields by clicking Add drop down in the product custom fields page and select Category.
You can create customised categories and fields for each product types.
- Select a field format (Text / Text block / Number etc..) from the Add drop-down and change the category type you wish to record the field against, and define a label to appear under your category.
All products will be available in a list view page under their own Product types.
To add a product:
- Go to Products, in the top menu bar,
- Select the Product type you need to record the product against,
- By clicking Add in product list view page, you will be directed to the "Add Product" window
- Standard Details in Add product window
- Name - should be the product name.
- Add (if required) any relevant contact details.
2. Permissions (Overview - Permissions)
- Access: Public : will allow all users to access product details.
- Shareable: Only allow access between you & the shared entity.
- Private: Product details could be viewed only by the product owner.
- Owner: Ownership of products could be assign between system users.
3. Product details – Product base details (Default labels can be renamed in Control Panel settings).
4. Any other category you create against a product type in Control Panel > Product types page, will be available (E.g. – Test for services) in the Add product window.
- All products recorded under a Product type will be available in a list view.
As with contact profiles, connections can be created against products. Link contacts to products to track what customers purchase, or even to track suppliers.
Creating connections when adding a new product
Through Connect a contact in the Add product window, you can link the product to an individual or to an organisation.
When adding a product you can create a connection with an existing contact or create a new contact.
Creating connections in an existing product.
- Click Add on the product profile page.
- Select connection type.
Product profile page
Salpo CRM will create a profile page for each product you create.
About a profile - points to remember.
- When product tags are used in emails, respective emails will populate in product’s communications tab.
- Go to Unlock icon to change permissions or ownership of the product.
- To delete a product permanently click Spanner icon > Delete.
- To Schedule communications / create connection / to add a file or an image from your current device, against the product, use Add dropdown on the profile page.
- Recent activities related to a product actioned by any user will populate in the Recent activity log.
- Scheduled or standard communication or emails related to the product will populate in recent communications.
- Contact details / Product standard details or any other categories and its details are available and editable in a product profile page.
- All corresponding emails, standard and schedule communications will populate in product communications tab.