When DEAR Systems is integrated the DEAR inventory/product catalogue can be synced with the Salpo CRM. Once synced, Products that exist in the DEAR catalogue can be added to Opportunities in Salpo CRM.
Importing Product types from DEAR inventory
Products in the DEAR Systems inventory are listed under main Product categories in Salpo. It is important to sync the Product categories to match the Product types in Salpo CRM as the initial step.
When synced products from DEAR inventory only the products those are marked as Yes for 'I am selling this product' on a DEAR product profile will come through to Salpo from a DEAR product catalogue.
All other products marked as No or Null for I am selling this product field will not be imported upon syncing the DEAR product catalogue with the Salpo CRM.
This sync is a one-way transaction. Thus Product types created in Salpo CRM will not be recorded in DEAR inventory when synced.
Note: The Product feature in Salpo CRM must be enabled in order to perform the Product sync.
From the Control Panel access the Products panel. Toggle the icon in front of Product types to enable the product feature
Click on the Actions drop-down in the Control panel > Product types page and select Sync with DEAR Inventory
The acting user will be notified by e-mail when the Product categories are successfully synced from DEAR into Salpo CRM. Synced Product types are available in the Product types page along with any other Product types created in Salpo CRM.
All Product types imported from DEAR Systems will show a icon for easy identification. Product types created directly in the Salpo CRM instance will not show this icon.
Make sure to mark the relevant checkboxes associated with each Product to connect the imported Product types, with Contacts, Opportunities, Custom objects etc (see above).
Product categories should be re-synced with the Salpo CRM each time a new Product category is added to the DEAR inventory catalogue.
3 easy ways to sync and re-sync products with DEAR inventory
Sync product types - Go to Control Panel > Products and select Sync with DEAR Systems from the Actions drop down.This synchronisation will:
- Recognise and import all newly added product categories from DEAR inventory and update Salpo CRM product types page.
- Recognise and import new products added to product categories in Dear Systems and update Salpo CRM product list views.
- Recognise and import data to the default product custom fields underneath the DEAR information category on all product profiles or update and amend existing data if changes have been made to the relevant fields in DEAR Systems.
Sync product list views - Access the product list view by clicking on the Products menu from the Salpo CRM top menu bar > Click on a Product type and select Sync with DEAR Systems under the Actions drop-down in the product list view page. This synchronisation will:
- Recognise and import new products added to the particular product category in Dear Systems and update the relevant product list view in Salpo CRM.
- Recognise and import new data if/when changes were made to any product related field listed under the specific product category in Dear Systems and update custom fields defined in Salpo CRM product profile pages accordingly.
Sync an individual product profile - Go to an imported product profile page & click on the drop-down and select Sync with DEAR Systems. This synchronisation will only:
- Recognise changes made to the product fields in DEAR systems and import any new field data.
A new section will be available on the right-hand information panel for all DEAR import Product profiles name Stock Availability. Click on the drop-down to view the number of on hand and available products along with the stock available warehouse information. The information displayed in this section will change as it change in DEAR inventory.
Please note - Importing product data is a one-way transaction hence the changes made to an imported product in Salpo CRM will not cause any changes to the original records in DEAR Systems.