Business Rules allow common workflows & repetitive tasks to be automated, saving time and effort. Business rules are defined to trigger a CRM related actions on specific events. This functionality is available on the Silver plan and above.
Example Business Rule Objectives -
- Trigger an action to record a scheduled Communication against a Contact profile, when a Contact is newly created.
- Trigger an action to update the Opportunity custom field '1' with the value 'AA' when the Opportunity custom field '2' is populated.
By applying various conditions, Business Rules can be narrowed down further to trigger actions at specific and precise events to meet more complex business requirements.
Example Business Rule Objectives with Conditions -
- Trigger an action to populate the value Gloucestershire against the Contact custom field Region when a Contact is created and the Contact's Town/City in the address section is Cheltenham.
To start automating tasks, enable the Business Rules functionality from within the Control Panel settings. The functionality must be enabled for any defined rules to trigger as expected. Click Enabling Business Rules for more information.
The below Actions and Triggers are available to define the business rules along with many conditions to apply.
- Specific Fields Updated (a certain custom field or just the address etc.)
- Same as Contacts
- Update a field (On the entity that triggered the event)
- Standard Fields
- Custom Fields
- Create a Standard Communication
- Create a Scheduled Communication
Refer to the Creating Business Rules article to learn more.
Business Rules are currently available for triggering actions against Contacts & Opportunities modules in the Salpo CRM. At this time, cross-functional trigger are unavailable. Meaning, an event in one module cannot trigger an action in another module.
Example of cross-functional triggers
- Trigger an action to create an opportunity when a contact is newly created.
- Trigger an action to update the Contact custom filed 'type' with value 'unknown' when the Opportunity custom filed 'Sales tier' is deleted.